Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Lunch-sized pasta

I had never been to the Cheese Cake Factory before. It is a restaurant and bakery. One reason I never been there was it was kind of expensive (a slice of cheese cake is like $6) and the other reason was I couldn't make anyone go with me. Yesterday, after I finished my class, I decided that it was the day to have lunch there. There I was in the Cheese Cake Factory, lunching ALONE, trying to figure out what to order, I saw the pasta menu and saw that they offered also in lunch-sized order. Hummm, I usually don't eat pasta but what the hack.

I ordered Sheila's Blackened Chicken Pasta and Iced coffee mocha for drink. I asked the waiter to make lunch-sized for the pasta. The pasta came with hug plate (about 1 ft) with nice chicken breast flavored with some spices, tomatos and bell pepper.

I thought this plate was the lunch-sized? How big would the regular size would be?
Anyway, I tried to finish it, but I could 't because of the all those warm bread I consumed before the arrival of blackened Chicken pasta. I finished the chicken and I asked for my check. I was so curious that I had to ask that question.

Me: I have a question. This is a lunch-sized, right?
Waiter: Amm, I believe so. Let me ask.
Me: (confused) It is just too big for me that's all.
Waiter: I be right back.
He went off to the back and talked to some guy.
A moment later..
Waiter: I talked to the manager and he would make sure that you will be charged for lunch-sized.
Me: (really confused) What? This is not a lunch-sized?
Waiter: I am so sorry.
Me: I didn't mean to complain. Since it was too big, I just want to know how much bigger the regular size is.
Waiter: I am sorry.
Me: That's ok. So that wasn't a lunc-sized then.
Waiter: It was a regular size.

No wonder, I thought the plate was big. No wonder, I couldn't finish the plate. No wonder I felt so full. It was a regular-sized plate. I ate 4/5 of it.