Sunday, November 13, 2005

Grenada and SGU

I created this blog to write about my life as a med student. I ended up posting nothing about my school life or life in Grenada. Here are few things I like to share.

First month in Grenada:
  • for first 3 weeks, many trips to airport, many phone calls to airlines to get back my luggages. using the things I had and the one my mom brought with her was my life saver
  • learnt to go to town (St. Georges') to buy fresh vegetables
  • trying to figure out how to study Anatomy, Biochem, Histology and clinical skills as I only took some BioChem during my undergrad years
  • ended up going to Gross Lab three times per week.
  • found out mnemonics about Brachial Plexus from Dr. H way before other people learnt it.
  • found out that Dr. H was the good and patient teacher.
  • learnt to talk about Anatomy and found out that I learnt best by talking out loud
  • found out that Dr. P (Histo prof.) like to talk about Cutie Pie and love Canaliculi
  • found out that Dr. C doesn't have Marfan's syndrome even though he is tall
  • learnt to use the word "appreciate" from the Histo tutors and professors
  • had first lecture of Embryo at the end of August and fall in love with Embryo animation.
  • found out that the calm Dr. R (Embryo) is like an indian yoda
  • finally had the Unified and learnt that I didn't know much
Second month in Grenada:
  • studied harder than before Unified as I did bad on Histo and Biochem
  • the schedules are hetics
  • found out that Clinical skill department was so unorganized
  • making the list of what to do after midterm
  • busy studying for the Midterm
  • changed my advisor to Dr. H since the assigned advisor didn't answer my emails
  • Midterms were crazy
  • last midterm was biochem and I messed it up
  • after midterm was great, went to Grand Anse beach and swam and had pizza
  • had some get together with friends
  • disappointed at the Housing Lottery and Housing office
  • had to find the place to stay for next term
Third month in Grenada:
  • reduced the number of visit to Anatomy lab from 3 to 2 or sometimes 1
  • can't get a hold of Dr. Hage since every one is surrounding him
  • can't catch up with the classes.
  • end up watching movies (rent them from DVD link fromt the spice land mall)
  • lost in most of the classes
  • for Anatomy, I still wondering in the perineum and the lectures are in head and neck
  • the head has so many information and can't seem to remember them
  • all those nerves make me nut
  • biochem quiz (10Qs) was not bad
  • eating so well as my roommate and I cook a lot
  • not studying enough
There it is. I am enjoying the sun and the water. I am having good meal. I am not studying that hard. Grenada is nice, only expensive to live here. I will miss this place. Meanwhile I have to go back to study for the finals which are coming in next 3 weeks.