Friday, March 23, 2007

The Goats Next Door!


There are goats next to our compound. They like to stay close to our fence. In the beginning of this term, they are the one who woke me up in the morning in addition to those roosters.

Whenever I look through my window, I look for them. They are there mostly. Lately I noticed the babies goat around the area. Have I missed the pregnant goat? Or I do not have enough experience with goat to see that she was pregnant?

I got use to those noises that they make in the morning since this is our 3rd month here. The other day, I was taking a nap and I woke up with that horrible noise that sounded like a person cries. I got up and look through the window, I didn't see any sign of human. I put on my glasses and looked again. I saw two dogs trying to bit and pull something on the ground. Then i heard that yell again. I knew that there was something alive making the noise. I was afraid that it might be a person or a little kid that was attacked by the dogs. Suddenly, I heard a boy shouting and running with a stick in his hand toward the dogs. The dogs were not scared at all. They kept on pulling that thing on the ground until that boy trying to hit them.

The dog run but they tried to come back again. They were persistent to get that something. A lady, a old man and a little girl came to the place where the something or someone was. Then they tried to pull a rope that was there. There I was watching through my window behind the curtains wondering what that would be. The lady picked up the thing and I realized that it was a baby goat. The goat was black and white color. The baby goat was so young that he/she could not defend himself/herself from those crazy dogs. All those people were trying to fix the baby goat. The dogs were trying to get back to the goat again. I felt sorry for the little goat who has no protection. Where are the parents or where is the mommy goat? Those are the question I had on my mind at that point.

I realized that you are vulnerable either when you don't have enough strength or when you are too young to fight for.

The is my little memories on THE GOATS NEXT DOOR!