Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I no longer in Grenada, still living free of luxury!

Well, I use the mnemonic "I'm in Grenada, living free of luxury" for my blogs. I thought I would remember what that nmemonic stand for.

Yesterday in class, I was using my computer to take notes and this is what happened when the professor asked me what are the nerves of lumbar plexus.
Me (off-guard): "uh, oh, L1 to L4?"
Professor: "nerve, big nerve, give me one name, not nerve root"
Me (still thinking what is in the lumbar plexus and blank out): "ummm, eee,...."

My friend who was sitting next to me said "Siatic nerve"
Me to professor: "whatever he said..."
Professor: "no"
At that point I know that Siatic is not in lumbar plexus, it is in lumbosacral plexus, and
Me: "yes, it is in lumbosacral"
Professor (now pressuring on my friend): "come on, the big one"
A Light buld was on in my head and I whispered "femoral?"
Professor (turn to me): " yeah you got it, what is the other one?"
I was thinking "oh shot, he wants another one?"
Someone answered at that point " Obturator"

At that point I felt so bad because it is the mnemonic I used and I didn't remember any nerve from lumbar plexus.

This is our mnemonic for lumbar plexus and it's explanation. Since we lived in Grenada, it was really meaningful for us to know that.

I'm - iliohypogastric n
In - ilioinguinal n
Grenada - genitofemoral n
Living - lateral femoral cutaneous n
Free - femoral n
Of - obturator n
Luxury - lumbosacral trunk