Thursday, May 19, 2005

My Interview



I meant to post this early but I was so busy with other things.


Thanks for the tips on interview. They do recycle the essay questions. I went there and there was another girl waiting to be interviewed at the same time. We had our interviews in thelibrary. I had to write essay whilte she was being interviewd and the other way. The interviewer was kind of young. It is laid back and nice. He mostly asked from the sheets he got. You know they have two parts for interviews. He flicked through my file (the one I see the the first time) and asked me some questions (like how many school I applied, my volunteer work) and wrote notes under the questions. Oh when he looked my file, he saw that I went to Hunter College in NY and he asked me whether it was the one on Lexington Ave. And he saw the letter from NYHQ volunteer office and he said SGU students went rotation there. That was good right?

The second part was where he asked questions like---
*Why do you want to be doctor? What do you see yourself in 15 years?
*How did you feel about your education?
*How is your potential for your education?
*How would I feel living in 3rd world country?

You know those questions. And we were talking about Burma (where I came from) and suddently he asked me how do I feel about youth in asia. I was like--humm why did he asked. I answered like they are influenced by western value. And he was like no it is not what he meant and he repeated it carefully. It was euthanasia. I was like oh sorry and I answered the question. (Is that a bad sign?) And he also asked about abortion.

Then he told me to get the other girl who was writing her essay and he explained about SGU and the Grenada. We asked questions. The whole interviews for me and her took only 50 minutes or so. When he explained about school and island, he mostly looked at the other girl, not me. I don't know that meant he talked to her because she is the one who will get in? I am a little afraid. It is not that I have bad profile. I have 31 MCAT with 3.5 gpa and 3.39 science gpa. I had done volunteer works and a lot of extracurricular activities. I had good recommendation letters. I didn't mensioned in the application about my publication. I am a coauthor not the main one though. I am afraid that he didn't really see my file because he just flicked trough it. May be he will read later? I don't want to get another reject letter like I have been getting from US school. I hope every thing will be ok and I will get in. I hope I see someone I know on internet when I am in SGU.

Thanks again for good advices.